Hello, everyone, and welcome to the world of a new year in 2018! First thing’s first, I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Soren & Fox. I am incredibly grateful and honored, and I encourage you to check out their blog, full of content from short stories to more personal writings.
If you’re nominated and you choose to accept, there are a few rules to follow, including thanking the person who nominated you and displaying the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
Edit: I edited the rules below to better reflect the new 2018 rules, as I’d previously been looking at the 2017 ones, whoops! Link to the official 2018 rules: https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a blogger, although considering I have a blog, I suppose it’s appropriate! For me, it presents a unique opportunity to share my perspective with the world. As anyone who creates, I feel I have something to share — whether that is my worldview, my current thoughts, or the artwork which serves as a representation of both. In addition, presenting my artwork may allow me to help others, even though we may never meet or even speak, as the artistic medium allows us as humans to connect emotionally. (If you’ve ever been moved or impressed by a painting or sculpture, you know what I’m talking about.)
Blogging allows me to connect with others who share similar tastes or interests, as well, which is something I find rather difficult to do in real life situations. I can connect with someone who isn’t even in the same country, who is half a world away, and there is a certain beauty in that.
All of that aside, though, for the most part I just do it for fun. I enjoy creating, so I enjoy presenting my work and blogging about it. And it brings me great joy to see that other people enjoy seeing my creations as much as I enjoy creating them. Art needs an audience, after all! 😉
10 random facts about me:
- Coffee is my drink of choice.
- I daydream almost constantly.
- My art style and writing style are very different — my art is often very happy and colorful, but I prefer to write horror (specifically, cosmic horror).
- I am very afraid to ride a bicycle for fear of crashing.
- My favorite color is red.
- I loved playing dress-up as a child, and I’ve never really stopped!
- I admire the time and effort put into making something (art, clothing, etc.) even if the style isn’t my cup of tea.
- I really enjoy watching people play videos games since I don’t get a chance to play them for myself; one of my favorites to watch is Super Best Friends Play.
- I have a character whose story is so personal to me, I feel convinced her world exists somewhere alongside my own.
- I have very, very cold hands.
My answers to Soren & Fox’s questions:
1. Q: What makes you write blogs? Why do you write?
A: To share my personal experiences and allow people a glimpse into my mind.
2. Q: What kind of music do you like? Why?
A: I have a preference for orchestral music, specifically the “trailer music” genre, because it fuels my imagination when writing or drawing.
Here are my questions for the people I nominate:
1. As an artist, writer, etc., what drives you to create?
2. What do you feel is the most underrated artistic tool?
The list of people I nominate:
- Abhijith Padmakumar – “The Motivational Blog” is full of inspirational advice on self-help and how to stay positive, and it has helped me find my smile again when things were tough.
- Michael Lovette – Beautiful traditional artwork and photography, I highly recommend you check out this artist.
- PMu – The style reminds me a lot of Art Nouveau illustrations, a form I adore. In addition, the artist encourages others to create often (a notion I wholeheartedly agree with!) and posts little challenges to help with motivation.
- Steve Simpson – Collections of beautiful and imaginative prose, aided by psychedelic styled artwork. If you enjoy writing that makes you stop and think and dream, I highly recommend this blog.
Here’s what you must do if you’re nominated:
- Display the picture of the award
- Thank the person who has nominated you and link to their blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Write 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions I’ve asked
- Nominate blogs that you like and inform them that you have
- Ask random questions for them
- List the rules